Schell Genetics is a private medical practise in London/UK that offers online genetic consultation services to patients in the UK and abroad.
Welcome to Schell Genetics, where we specialise in providing personalised evaluations, expert genetic consultation, and premium Genetic testing services. Our primary objective is to provide you with comprehensive genetic information that not only offers you a range of choices but also reduces any uncertainties you may have. We believe in empowering you to make decisions that are helpful for your unique situation. Our services include neurogenetic, paediatric, reproductive, and cancer genetic evaluations and testing for both children and adults. Rest assured, our team is dedicated to providing you with the highest level of expertise and care.
Schell Genetics Schell Genetics is a private medical practice that offers a wide range of high-quality services without any wait times, restrictions, or NHS bureaucracy. For our video consultation, we can typically give you an appointment within a few days.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us either by completing the contact form or by sending us an email with any inquiries you may have. We are here to assist you!
All services are available in English and German.
What we offer
Dr Chayim Schell-Apacik, is a renowned expert in the field of clinical genetics, who has an impressive track record of over three decades dedicated to providing exceptional care to patients.
- Take the appointment from the convenience of wherever you are.
- Use your smartphone, tablet, or computer for the video call.
- For your convenience, video appointments are also available in the evenings and on weekends, subject to availability.
- Discuss your concerns in full confidence.
- The doctor can offer you diagnostic tests, such as carrier tests. These will cost extra, but we’ll always discuss your options with you.
Please note that we don’t offer a 24-hour ‘out of hours’ service. Our service is not suitable for medical emergencies, so if you need urgent medical care then please contact 111 or 999, or visit A&E.
Why might someone have a genetic consultation?
Individuals or families who are concerned about an inherited condition may benefit from a genetic consultation. The reasons that a person might be referred to a genetic counselor, medical geneticist, or other genetics professional include:
- A personal or family history of a genetic condition, birth defect, chromosomal disorder, or hereditary cancer.
- Two or more pregnancy losses (miscarriages), a stillbirth, or a baby who died.
- A child with a known inherited disorder, a birth defect, intellectual disability, or developmental delay.
- A woman who is pregnant or plans to become pregnant at or after age 35. (Some chromosomal disorders occur more frequently in children born to older women.)
- Abnormal test results that suggest a genetic or chromosomal condition.
- An increased risk of developing or passing on a particular genetic disorder on the basis of a person’s ethnic background.
- People related by blood (for example, cousins) who plan to have children together. (A child whose parents are related may be at an increased risk of inheriting certain genetic disorders.)
- A person received results from direct-to-consumer genetic testing and they want to discuss the implications of the results.
A genetic consultation is also an important part of the decision-making process for genetic testing. A consultation with Dr Schell-Apacik may be helpful even if testing is not available for a specific condition, however. Book your private genetic consultation, and testing today.
Although we offer specific recommendations about your medical care, we encourage you to make reproductive and other choices that are appropriate for you based on your cultural background and personal experience.
Dr Chayim Schell-Apacik is registered with the General Medical Council